Why Falls and Frailty Matter
This micro skills course aims to provide an overview of why falls matter and how this links with frailty in the context of paramedic practice.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
College of Paramedics
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the risk factors that contribute to falls, the physical and psychological consequences and the links with frailty
- Explain the range of interventions to help reduce the risk of falls, including steps to be taken to enable self management, and apply within your scope of practice
- Advise and inform the older person and carers about falls and frailty
- Make the right management decisions including referral to other services for patients managed at home
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.