The Holistic Approach to Assessment and Management
This micro skills course aims to provide an understanding of the principles of providing person centred care to a person with a palliative illness through holistic assessment and care planning, as applied to paramedic practice.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
College of Paramedics
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the palliative care approach, principles of holistic management and priorities of care
- Recognise how wishes and priorities may change as someones illness worsens
- Describe the stages of an illness, known as trajectory, and what to do if a deterioration appears sudden or unexpected
- Recognise when somebody is imminently dying from an irreversible process
- Support the patient, and those around them, by addressing the five priorities for care of the dying person
- Consider the use of a framework of questions to facilitate decision making
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.