STIs in Pregnancy
This micro skills course describes the sexually transmitted and other genital infections that can affect pregnancy. It also explains the diagnosis and where it may differ between pregnant and non-pregnant patients, complications, treatment and management considering the relevance of the trimester and risk to the foetus and mother.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the antenatal screening programme for STIs in pregnancy
- Summarise the immunological and physiological changes in pregnancy that influence the response to STIs
- Describe special considerations for the management of STIs in pregnancy
- Describe the approach to the pregnant woman with symptoms
- List the STI and other genital infections that can affect pregnancy
- Discuss interpretation of results for specific infections and their implications for management
- Describe the complications to the mother and impact on the foetus of specific infections
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.