Safe use of Diathermy and Laser
The principles of diathermy and laser energy sources. The various types of diathermy and laser are briefly outlined, together with measures to prevent complications from their use.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of Ophthalmologists
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the types of diathermy and laser commonly used in surgery;
- State the advantages of diathermy and laser use in surgery;
- Identify the disadvantages of using diathermy and laser techniques, and the common complications that may occur;
- List what precautions should be taken to ensure the safe surgical use of diathermy and lasers
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.