This micro skills course deals with management of poisonings, initially reviewing acute poisonings as a whole and general measures in managing them, before looking at some important examples of poisonings and their specific management.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of Physicians
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Recognise important clinical signs and symptoms in different types of poisonings
- Explain the role of blood tests in poison cases
- Start the initial management in all types of overdoses
- Manage salicylate, paracetamol, tricyclic antidepressant and gamma-hydroxybutyrate poisoning
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.