Pharmacological Interventions in Dementia Care
This micro-skills course will investigate the most common medications prescribed for people living with dementia, including their risks and benefits and the importance of regular recorded reviews.
What will I learn?
By the end of this micro-skills course you will be able to:
- List the most common medications prescribed for people living with dementia
- Describe the main risks and benefits of using a range of anti-psychotics, antidepressants, anxiolytics, anticonvulsants and cognitive enhancers
- Recognise issues with regards to polypharmacy for people living with dementia
- Explain the importance of recording and reporting side-effects and/or adverse reactions to medication
- Describe how to administer and review medication safely and appropriately in consultation with people affected by dementia
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.