This micro skills course will cover some of the pathological diagnoses that can cause haemodynamic instability and cardiac arrest, excluding left and right ventricular (LV and RV) pathology, which are covered elsewhere. Therefore hypovolaemia (including sepsis), cardiac tamponade, pulmonary embolus (PE), thoracic aortic dilatation and acute aortic dissection will be the topics covered in this micro skills course.
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the echo findings in the hypovolaemic patient in both spontaneously breathing and mechanically ventilated patients;
- Distinguish between a pericardial collection and cardiac tamponade;
- Identify the echo appearances of acute PE;
- Recognise echo features associated with acute aortic dissection
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.