Palliative Care Emergencies
This micro skills course aims to develop an understanding of how to recognise and manage specific palliative care emergencies as applied to paramedic practice.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
College of Paramedics
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Recognise and manage the following circumstances in line with the patients illness trajectory and wishes:
- Metastatic spinal cord compression (MSCC)
- Superior vena cava compression
- Neutropenic sepsis
- Support patients and carers with severe terminal haemorrhage in end of life care
- Identify other potential palliative emergencies and manage them in line with current guidance and the patients illness trajectory and wishes
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.