Pain Management in Children
This micro skills course will explore the most common causes of pain in children and explain why children experience pain differently to adults. Later, it will offer guidance on how to assess and manage pain in children of different ages.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
College of Paramedics
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Identify the most common causes of pain in children of different ages
- Explain why children experience pain differently from adults
- Describe the ways in which it is possible to assess pain in children
- Describe how pain in children can be managed both non-pharmacologically and pharmacologically
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.