Minor Neck Injury
This micro skills course is designed to equip paramedics with the knowledge and theory to safely manage minor neck trauma at the scene of a minor road traffic accident (RTC). Key aspects of the Canadian C-spine rules will be reviewed and applied to practical micro skills courses with a focus on discharging patients at the scene. There will also be an emphasis on good safety netting if the patient is safe to discharge.
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the process and theory that support a systematic to assessment of a minor neck injury
- Demonstrate understanding of the Canadian C-spine rules
- Identify appropriate self-care advice with attention to red flags
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.