Mental Health Awareness for Healthcare Professionals: Personality Disorders
This micro skills course from The Royal College of General Practitioners and NHS Health Education England discusses the concept of personality disorders, and considers some of the commonest presentations in primary care. It explores how the dynamics of personality within a team, and within the consulting room, may affect the delivery of care and offers practical suggestions on how to mitigate these risks.
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Define, and distinguish between, personality disorder traits and disorders
- Identify features of the commonest personality disorders and apply this information to clinical episodes
- Identify prominent personality traits in yourself, colleagues and patients
- Develop strategies for dealing with complex patients with distress due to personality disorders
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.