Meningitis in Children
This micro skills course describes the prevalence and impact of meningitis. You will learn to recognise the symptoms and how to conduct immediate management of a child with suspected meningococcal disease including administering intra-muscular penicillin.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Recognise the symptoms and signs of meningitis in children
- Describe the role of the primary care practitioner in the immediate management of a child with suspected meningitis
- Identify common problems in the diagnosis of meningitis in children
- List the long-term implications of meningitis in children
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.