Managing your Emotions
This micro skills course explains the importance of doctors managing their own emotions in the consultation, and suggests some ways that this can be done.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of General Practitioners
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Develop a professional approach to managing your emotions in general practice
- Recognise a wide range of emotions that a GP may experience
- Identify potential causes of emotional stress in practice
- Reflect upon the range and causes of your own emotional reactions
- Acquire a range of measures and skills to protect you against emotional stress
- Demonstrate an understanding of the potential benefits of a GPs emotional self-awareness to empathy and clinical insight
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.