Managing the Major Incident
This micro skills course considers the immediate actions required at a major incident. It will outline the recommended algorithm to be used to call for assistance and the initial type of triage required at a major incident. It assumes your usual role is that of a primary care practitioner.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe an approach to managing a major incident, such as a coach accident in an isolated rural location
- Explain the mechanism of requesting assistance at a major incident
- Assess the categories of the triage sieve used at a major incident
- List recommended treatments for managing casualties at major incidents
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.