Managing Pulmonary Embolism in Special Circumstances
This micro skills course discusses the management of a pulmonary embolism in special circumstances including pregnancy, anaemia, thrombophilia and malignancy.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of Physicians
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Safely investigate and treat pregnant patients with a suspected pulmonary embolism
- Decide when it is appropriate for patients with a suspected pulmonary embolism to be managed in an ambulatory care or outpatient setting
- Manage therapy for patients with a suspected pulmonary embolus and severe bleeding or iron-deficiency anaemia
- Select which patients, with a confirmed pulmonary embolus, should be investigated for thrombophilia or malignancy
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.