Management and Referral for Patients with or at Risk of Genetic Conditions
This micro skills course will describe the role of the GP in the coordinated management of patients with a family history of a genetic condition, the information resources available and the referral process.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of General Practitioners
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe how to access information about genetic conditions and their management guidelines
- Clarify the organisation of specialist services for genetic conditions
- Describe how to refer patients to a specialist Genetics Centre and how the referral is processed
- Understand the role of Primary Care in the management of patients with a genetic condition, including sources of genetic support
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.