Living Well with Dementia and Promoting Independence
This micro-skills course will help you to understand how to support and promote a person’s independence and meaningful involvement in their own daily life.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
NHS Health Education England
What will I learn?
By the end of this micro-skills course you will be able to:
- Explain the importance of knowing a person’s physical, emotional and psychosocial needs, interests and preferences
- Discuss ways to promote a person’s independence and meaningful involvement in their own daily life and know why this is important
- Specify how activities and environments can be adapted to suit an individual’s changing needs
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.