Introduction to Musculoskeletal Injuries and Assessment
This micro skills course aims to outline the fundamental elements of history taking and systematic physical assessment in the context of musculoskeletal (MSK) presentations in the out-of-hospital environment.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
College of Paramedics
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Demonstrate basic knowledge required to undertake a thorough and focused history when managing patients with musculoskeletal injuries
- Demonstrate understanding of the principles of focused musculoskeletal assessment using the ‘Look, Feel, Move’ model in order to promote incorporation of this into paramedic practice when assessing an injured patient
- Recognise those injuries which may require further attention or investigations not available in the out-of-hospital setting
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.