Introduction to Culture
This micro skills course aims to describe what is meant by ‘culture’ and why it is important for health professionals to be aware of its impact on health.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
NHS Health Education England
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Explain why ‘culture’ is important to health professionals in modern Britain
- Describe what constitutes culture
- Describe how culture can impact individuals’ values, beliefs, behaviours and decision making
- Explain how culture can impact care and treatment decisions
- Describe the difference between cultural norms and harmful traditional practices
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.