Introduction to Basic Radiation Protection
This micro skills course aims to ensure the safety of staff within the hospital by providing them with information on the risks of exposure to ionising radiation, the importance of following the safety procedures that are in place and the precautions each person can take to minimise the risk. It is aimed at any staff who regularly work in areas where ionising radiation is used, and who would not otherwise receive any formal training, e.g. ward nurses, theatre staff, etc.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Define ionising radiation and the risks associated with its use
- Describe the warning signs and working practices within the Trust that reduce risk to staff from exposure to ionising radiation
- List three practical methods of reducing your own radiation dose when near ionising radiation
- Explain what you need to do if you become pregnant and your work requires you to work with ionising radiation
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.