Intravenous Fluid Therapy
The micro skills course begins by describing the body fluid compartments and daily fluid requirements. It then considers how each type of IV fluid available is best suited to replacing losses from each compartment.
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Display a basic knowledge of the body fluid compartments;
- Identify which type of fluid is best suited to each loss situation;
- Recognize the limitations of each type of fluid
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.