Injury Prevention, Safety and Medication in School
This session will focus on injury prevention and safety in children of school age. It will explore road safety, sun exposure, second-hand smoke exposure and Internet and social media safety. It will also consider the safe management of medication in school for children with health needs.
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Explain what is meant by vulnerable and list four categories of vulnerability factors
- List three factors which make a child vulnerable and the effects they can have on a child
- Explain the importance of early intervention in improving outcomes
- Outline some of the challenges of providing child health promotion services to vulnerable children and give examples of strategies for overcoming these challenges
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.