Initial Management of Electrical Burns
This micro skills course will describe the role of fasciotomy in major electrical burns and list the indications for amputation. Later sections will explore how to avoid and treat renal complications following an electrical burn.
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe how to assess a patient requesting secondary burns reconstruction;
- Explain how to establish the priorities in secondary burns reconstruction;
- Justify the timing of secondary reconstruction in burns;
- List the main surgical techniques for correction of burn scars
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.