Infection Prevention and Control Level 2
This course covers the statutory and mandatory training for Infection Prevention and Control Level 2. It has been designed to meet the learning outcomes in the UK Core Skills Training Framework.The course consists of an e-learning micro skills course and an eAssessment. The eAssessment should be passed to demonstrate the required knowledge and understanding and to complete the training. To gain a certificate you will need to complete BOTH this micro skills course AND the eAssessment.
What will I learn?
- Describe the healthcare organisation’s and your own responsibilities in terms of current infection prevention and control legislation
- Explain how to obtain information about infection prevention and control within the organisation
- Describe individual roles and responsibilities for the three levels of decontamination
- Explain how to use single use items appropriately
- Conduct a risk assessment in respect of ensuring infection prevention and control
- Explain different alert organisms and conditions that pose an infection risk
- Describe how to safely manage patients with specific alert organisms
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.