Impact of Discrimination on Health Status
This micro skills course is designed to explore the ways in which Primary Care can present a service that may be off putting to people and which may result in discrimination.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of General Practitioners
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Use strategies for promoting the confidence of patients of all backgrounds so they are able to disclose their concerns without fear of judgement
- Recognise the ways in which living outside the mainstream culture can affect individuals physical and mental health
- Analyse your own assumptions in order to explore whether the strategies you use in consultation may be discriminatory
- Reflect on whether you treat all patients equitably and with respect in adherence to Equality and Human Rights
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.