Carers are more likely to have seen their GP recently than any other support professional. It is vital for GPs within primary care teams to know how to identify and support carers in order to maintain the health of the carer and preserve the caregiving situation.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe why it is important to identify carers
- Explain why carers might be difficult to identify
- Describe a variety of ways in which carers can be identified within a GP practice
- Describe the role of the wider primary care team in identifying carers
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.