Human Factors in Practice
This micro skills course demonstrates how human cognitive limitations can affect diagnostic ability. It applies examples from the e-learning micro skills course ‘Human Factors and Patient Safety in Primary Care’ to a GP consultation.
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- List the human and systems factors that increase the likelihood of you making an error
- Identify effective communication strategies for eliciting important diagnostic information from patients while minimising bias
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.