How to Handle Patients Questions and Concerns
This micro skills course will assist you with developing the knowledge and skills to respond sensitively to patients’ questions and concerns about advance care planning and handle any misunderstandings.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Association of Palliative Medicine
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Identify typical patient questions and concerns about advance care planning and strategies for responding to these
- Recognise cues which indicate that the patient is becoming distressed and finding it difficult to cope with what is being discussed
- Describe how to draw the advance care planning (ACP) conversation to a close
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.