This micro skills course introduces the Holistic Approach domain of the RCGP curriculum. It explores patients and GPs perceptions of holism and how these influence the presentation of problems, communication, diagnoses and the sharing of management planning.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Explain what is lacking in Western allopathic medicine and why there is a need for a holistic approach
- Describe the Holistic Approach domain of the RCGP curriculum, and the learning outcomes derived from this
- Apply an holistic approach to a case study relevant to day-to-day patient care
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.