This micro skills course explains how HIV should be diagnosed, what samples should be taken, and how they should be stored and transported. It explains what diagnostic tests are available, how to interpret them, their sensitivity and specificity, and their potential advantages or disadvantages. The timescale between HIV exposure and tests becoming positive is discussed.
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- State how samples should be stored and transported;
- Describe which tests are available and appropriate to detect HIV;
- Interpret the results of tests for HIV;
- State the timescale between exposure to HIV infection and tests becoming positive
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.