This micro skills course will cover the pathophysiology, clinical features, diagnostics and treatment of Herpes simplex and zoster infections in the setting of HIV.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
British Association of Dermatologists
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the various clinical presentations, clinical findings and complications of Herpes simplex virus (HSV) and Varicella-zoster virus
- (VZV) infections in the setting of HIV
- Detail the specific laboratory diagnostics of HSV and VZV infections
- List first and second line treatment regimens for HSV and VZV infections
- Detail the indications for the use of secondary prophylaxis in HSV infection
- Discuss the indications for hyperimmune globulin and vaccination in VZV infection
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.