Hepatitis B: Natural History, Presentation and Investigation
This micro skills course describes the natural history and presentation of patients with either acute or chronic hepatitis B virus infection, and the investigations required.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Faculty of Intensive Care Medicine
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the epidemiology of acute and chronic hepatitis B;
- Appreciate the natural history of hepatitis B and the factors that determine it;
- Recognise the common symptoms and signs associated with both acute and chronic hepatitis B;
- Select and interpret the appropriate investigations to diagnose acute and chronic hepatitis B;
- Select the investigations you would need to make an initial assessment of a patient with acute or chronic hepatitis B;
- Appropriately advise contacts of a patient with hepatitis B regarding the need for screening and immunisation
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.