Hepatitis B: Management
This micro skills course describes the indications for treating hepatitis B, treatment options and how to monitor treatment.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Faculty of Intensive Care Medicine
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the treatment options for hepatitis B;
- List the complications of treatment;
- Explain which treatment is used for acute and chronic hepatitis B infection;
- Identify which patients with hepatitis B need treatment;
- Summarise information needed to make a decision to start treatment;
- Recognise the endpoints of treatment;
- State tests needed to assess treatment response;
- Summarise duration of therapy in e antigen negative, e antigen positive chronic hepatitis and cirrhosis
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.