This micro skills course describes the range of Gram-positive cocci relevant to healthcare with a particular focus on the clinical conditions caused by Gram-positive cocci infections that are found frequently in patients on intensive care.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Faculty of Intensive Care Medicine
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Define Gram-positive cocci
- List the clinically important Gram-positive cocci and their corresponding diseases
- Describe the clinicopathological features of staphylococcal and streptococcal infections in intensive care patients
- Explain the choice of antibiotics commonly used to treat Gram-positive cocci infections in intensive care patients
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.