This micro skills course describes the range of gram-negative bacilli relevant to healthcare with a particular focus on the clinical conditions caused by gram-negative bacilli found frequently in patients on the Intensive Care Unit.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Faculty of Intensive Care Medicine
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Define Gram-negative bacilli
- List the clinically important Gram-negative bacilli in intensive care medicine and their corresponding diseases
- Describe the features of Escherichia Coli and Klebsiella infection in patients in intensive care
- Describe the features of Pseudomonas and Acinetobacter colonization and infection in patients in intensive care
- Explain the principles of antibiotic treatment for Gram-negative bacilli infections in patients in intensive care
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.