Genital Herpes: Virology and Pathogenesis
This micro skills course will cover the virology and pathogenesis of genital herpes virus infections.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
British Association of Dermatologists
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the characteristic structure of a herpes virus and the role of its component structures in assisting infection and pathogenesis
- Explain how inoculation with viable HSV results in productive local infection and the subsequent immunological control mechanisms which act to limit this infection
- Describe neuronal infection
- Explain the concept of viral latency and reactivation, including the cellular, immunological and virological features associated with these phenomena
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.