General Surgery Gastrointestinal Haemorrhage Upper
Upper gastro-intestinal bleeding is a common and sometimes life threatening problem. This micro skills course discusses the symptoms, causes, resuscitation, scoring and further management of these patients.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Faculty of Intensive Care Medicine
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Identify patients presenting with acute upper GI bleeding and describe causes of acute upper GI bleeding
- Discuss initial resuscitation and management
- Identify patients at high risk of re-bleeding and death
- Be aware of further specialist management
- Discuss causes and investigations of patients with chronic upper GI bleeding
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.