Gathering Information and Exploring Sensitive Issues
Young people sometimes have health problems that they perceive as embarrassing or sensitive. This micro skills course describes some steps that health professionals can take to encourage young people to share information about such problems.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of Paediatrics and Children's Health
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Identify levels of risk in consultations with young peopleIdentify issues that young people may consider to be sensitive or embarrassing
- Consider how to encourage a young person to discuss hidden agendas and passport symptoms
- Practice approaches that develop trust and empathy in consultations
- Evaluate approaches to discussing issues about sexual health, psychological health, and health behaviours with young people
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.