Fluid Resuscitation in Burns
This micro skills course explores the changes that affect fluid balance following a major burn. Later sections describe the resuscitation fluids that are used and the complications that can result from fluid resuscitation.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Faculty of Intensive Care Medicine
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Explain the fluid shifts and circulatory changes in major burns
- Name the different types of resuscitation fluid available
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of each
- List the complications of fluid resuscitation in major burns
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.