First Assessment: Meeting the Patient
This micro skills course will help you to prepare for your first assessment meeting with a patient or individual, in the specific context of end of life care. It will assist you to consider things in order to achieve the most out of a first assessment.
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Identify what is involved in preparing for a first assessment in the context of end of life care
- Negotiate consent to work with the person and other health and social care professionals
- Recognise assessment as a continuous process and the need to ensure assessments are not over burdening people
- Apply communication skills sensitively to undertake an assessment
- Describe how to identify solutions and plan care with the individual
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.