Families and Carers as Partners in Dementia Care
This micro-skills course will explore the roles, needs, rights and experiences of family members caring for a relative living with dementia. It will describe ways to support and work in partnership with family carers.
What will I learn?
By the end of this micro-skills course you will be able to:
- Understand the varied roles, needs, rights and experiences of families who are supporting a person living with dementia
- Be aware of the complexity and cultural diversity of families and how they may impact the caring experience
- Identify ways to support family members
- Identify ways to develop partnerships with family carers
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.