Falls Assessment and Management for Paramedics
This micro skills course aims to provide an overview of the assessment and management of older people who have fallen and may be frail, in the context of paramedic practice.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
College of Paramedics
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the components of an assessment of an older person who has fallen
- Recognise the importance of taking a comprehensive falls history and know the key information to obtain
- Identify the specific considerations required when carrying out a clinical and functional assessment of an older person who has fallen
- Make the right management decisions, including referral to other services of patients managed at home
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.