Explaining and Consent
This micro skills course explores some of the problems that young people experience when health professionals attempt to provide them with information, and suggests some ways of improving communication and explanation.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of Paediatrics and Children's Health
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Understand the importance of effective explanations
- Identify barriers to explaining information to young people
- Describe principles of good practice when explaining a new diagnosis to a young person
- Describe principles of good practice when giving information to a young person in order to get their consent before performing a procedure
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.