Ethics – Improving Quality of Life
This micro skills course looks at the purpose of treatment and dilemmas that can arise. It then analyses what is meant by life and death and the moral status of the unborn and the dead. Finally, this micro skills course looks at the attempt to measure the life-enhancing and life-extending aspects of treatment.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Discuss what defines life and what defines death;
- Discuss views on the moral status of the unborn and the dead;
- Describe the concept of ‘quality of life adjusted years’ and discuss its use
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.