Ethics and the Law
This micro skills course gives an overview of ethics and the law including ethical principles, competence and capacity as well as the legal framework for the treatment of young people over 16 years of age.
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Define the four ethical principles
- Outline the five situations in which life-sustaining treatment can be withheld or withdrawn from children
- Explain when a young person has the competence and capacity to consent
- Describe when a young person can refuse treatment
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.