This more advanced micro skills course will give you an understanding of childhood epilepsies and epilepsy care, so you will have the knowledge and confidence to make a positive difference to a child living with the condition and understand your role in the childs ongoing care.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Explain what epilepsy, seizures and epileptic seizures are
- Identify the different types of epileptic seizures and how they are diagnosed
- Describe the epidemiology of epilepsy and its impact on school-age children
- Outline the care pathway for the treatment of undiagnosed epilepsies
- This session uses self assessments that help you check what you have learnt. You do not have to use them and your answers are not seen by anyone else.
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.