End of Life Dementia Care
This micro-skills course will explore how to ensure high quality, compassionate and coordinated end of life care for people with dementia, meeting their physical and psychological needs and also paying attention to the needs of their families.
What will I learn?
By the end of this micro-skills course you will be able to:
- Ensure the person’s wishes and preferences for end of life are known
- Recognise when someone is in their last days or weeks of life
- Meet the psychosocial needs of people with dementia at the end of life
- Meet the person’s physical and medical needs at end of life, including pain assessment and treatment
- Recognise the diverse needs of people living with dementia at end of life due to age and cultural and religious differences
- Support the needs of family carers, including bereavement
- Support care staff
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.