Empowering and Motivating
This micro skills course discusses the implications of empowering young people to take decisions about their own health care and how this may have an impact on how well professional health care advice is followed. The learner will be introduced to what aspects of treatment influence and motivate adherence to prescribed treatment regimens and will have an opportunity to assess practical approaches to help address ambivalence in order to influence behaviour change. This includes considering how to make conversations effective and helpful, and identify key factors that are important during conversations with young people.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Identify components of an effective conversation with young people
- Learn which aspects of treatment influence adherence to prescribed treatment regimens
- Consider the different meanings of empowerment
- Practice ways to help address ambivalence about changing behaviour
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.