An effective advanced assessment of an elbow injury will allow a paramedic to determine a management plan that leads to the most appropriate and suitable management. This micro skills course aims to provide the underlying theory and techniques to carry out these assessments effectively.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Recognise the main anatomical features of the elbow, including the location of the major bony landmarks and relating this assessment
- Identify the common mechanisms for elbow injuries and link these with three specific injury presentations
- Demonstrate knowledge of a systematic approach to elbow assessment incorporating the techniques discussed in this session
- Identify at least three red flag signs of elbow assessment and subsequent management
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.