Drug Management of Breathlessness
This micro skills course reviews the use of drugs and oxygen within an integrated approach to the management of breathlessness in the patient approaching the end of life.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of Physicians
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the appropriate disease modifying treatments for the relevant cause of breathlessness in patients approaching end of life
- Explain how to prescribe and safely administer oxygen for patients with breathlessness in end of life care
- List the main drug options used to alleviate the symptom of breathlessness in end of life including use of low dose opioids
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.